Bovine TB Eradication Advisory Group for England
The Bovine TB Eradication Advisory Group for England (TBEAG) has been set up to advise on the development and implementation of the strategy for eradicating bovine TB.
It is an expert group with responsibility for advising the Animal Health and Welfare Board for England (AHWBE) and Defra ministers. It is a subgroup of AHWBE, which has overall responsibility for TB strategy.
This new group replaces the former TB Eradication Group for England (TBEG).
- Read the terms of reference (PDF) for the group
What will this group do?
The group will
- help to develop a long-term strategy to stop the spread of bovine TB and move towards its eradication
- consider a comprehensive and evidence-based package of measures, making best use of all the available tools
- consider the respective roles and responsibilities of Government, the farming industry, the veterinary profession and other stakeholders
- advise on funding and budgetary issues
- advise on compliance with EU legal requirements and on the development of the UK’s EU-funded Eradication Plan
- provide advice on the full range of issues relating to bovine TB at the request of the AHWBE or Ministers
- take an active role in communicating and explaining any resulting changes to stakeholders, engaging regularly with the farming industry, veterinary profession and wider stakeholders
Who are the members of the group?
John Cross has been appointed as chair of the group.
Minutes of meetings
- Minutes of the eighth meeting (February 2013) (PDF)
- Minutes of the seventh meeting (January 2013) (PDF)
- Minutes of the sixth meeting (December 2012) (PDF)
- Minutes of the fifth meeting (November 2012) (PDF)
- Minutes of the fourth meeting (October 2012) (PDF)
- Minutes of third meeting (12 September 2012) (PDF)
- Minutes of second meeting (13 August 2012) (PDF)
- Minutes of first meeting (16 July 2012) (PDF)
If you have any enquiries about the work of the Group, please e-mail the Group’s co-ordinator: TBEAGSecretariat@defra.gsi.gov.uk
Information about the former TB Eradication Group for England (TBEG) will remain available on this website for some time and will be available on the National Archives website after that.
3 April 2013
- Minutes of the fifth meeting (pdf, 53 KB)
- Minutes of eighth meeting (pdf, 52 KB)
- Minutes of seventh meeting (pdf, 54 KB)
- Minutes of sixth meeting (pdf, 44 KB)
27 February 2013
- Membership (pdf, 16 KB)