News and events
Rural micro-businesses: what makes some thrive in a challenging economic climate?
The CRC released this report on Thursday 17 January 2013. The press release can be found below.
Rural Housing at a time of economic change
The CRC has published the report Rural Housing at a time of economic change, looking at the rural implications of changing patterns of migration, rent levels, and changing Government policy relating to benefits. The press release relating to this research can be found at the bottom of this page.
National Planning Policy Framework
The Government has released it’s long-awaited National Planning Policy Framework. The CRC’s reaction is summarised in a press release, which can be found be scrolling down this page
Department of Health Stakeholder Engagement Exercise: Caring for our Future
The CRC’s response to this consultation, which will influence the forthcoming Social Care white paper, can be found by scrolling down this page
National Planning Policy Framework – consultation
The CRC’s response to the consultation on the National Planning Policy Framework can be found at the bottom of this page.
Open Public Services White Paper
The CRC’s response to the Open Public Services White Paper can be found by scrolling to the bottom of this section.
The Future of Social Care
The CRC’s response to the recent DH consultation on the future of social care can be found by scrolling down to the attachments at the bottom of this page
Call for Evidence – Review of employment, education and training for young people in rural areas
We are seeking views on employment, education and training for young people in rural areas, to inform our current review on the subject. Scroll down to view information on our call for evidence.
Draft National Planning Policy Framework
CRC has prepared a brief relating to the draft NPPF. Our Chairman, Dr Stuart Burgess, also wrote a letter to The Guardian early in September. Scroll down to see the two attachments below this introductory section.
The Annual Report and Accounts, which were laid before Parliament on 10th July 2012, are now available.
The CRC’s archived website is now available to view through The National Archives, so that our work and evidence base from the last five years may continue to be accessed and used by our many stakeholders.
- CRC young people call for evidence (pdf, 86 KB)
- Open Public Services White Paper - CRC comments (pdf, 163 KB)
- CRC planning briefing (pdf, 206 KB)
- CRC guardian letter (pdf, 76 KB)
- NPPF consultation - CRC response (pdf, 286 KB)
- CRC NPPF press release 28 mar 12 (doc, 111 KB)
- response to DH's future of social care pre-consultation exercise (pdf, 871 KB)
- social-isolation-experienced-by-older-people-in-rural-areas (pdf, 37 KB)
- CRC response to Caring for our future (pdf, 871 KB)
- hsg_report_press_release 14 May 2012 (pdf, 88 KB)
- CRC rural microbusinesses press release 17 jan 13 (pdf, 38 KB)