Relevant legislation and regulations
- The Trade in Animals and Related Products Regulations 2011 (SI 2011 No 1197) which provides Enforcement Authorities with the means of enforcing EU legislation which provides for imports from third countries and intra-Union trade in animals and animal products.
- The Bovine Semen Regulations 2007 lays down the rules for the collection, storage and use of bovine semen for domestic and intra-union trade.
- The Bovine Embryo (Collection, Production and Transfer) England Regulations 1995lays down the rules for the collection, production, storage and use of bovine embryos for domestic and intra-union trade.
- The Artificial Insemination of Pigs (England and Wales) Regulations 1964 lay down the rules for the collection, storage and use of pig semen for domestic trade.
- The bovine semen and the artificial insemination of pigs regulations are currently under review.
- European Union legislation