CIN 2012/031 – Export of meat products of ovine/caprine/porcine origin and porcine semen to Angola
1. This customer information note is to inform exporters that the following Export Health Certificates and detailed Notes for Guidance are now available for trade use:
7163EHC – Export of porcine semen to Angola
7377EHC – Export of meat/meat products of porcine origin produced in the EU from animals resident in EU member states to Angola
7378EHC – Export of meat/meat products of ovine/caprine origin produced in the EU from animals resident in EU member states to Angola
These EHC’s have been created due to trade interest. The EHC’s are based on our generic model certificates for these products. The certificates have been designated as an “Agreed” certificates as they have been approved by the Angolan Government.
2. Specimen copies of the export health certificate, notes for guidance and all relevant supporting documents are available to view on the Defra website:
3. Please note that this Department will assume, unless informed otherwise by an exporter or by the veterinary authorities in the country of destination, that certificates are acceptable to the importing country’s authorities, however this cannot be guaranteed. Destination countries may change their requirements at short notice; not inform the Department until after a change has been made; or, in some cases, not inform the Department at all.
It is therefore strongly advised that you to check with your customers that certificates are acceptable to the authorities in the country of destination. This Department will not accept liability should it turn out that certification supplied by us does not meet an importing country’s requirement.
4. This and further CINs will be posted on the Defra website at the following
5. If you have any further enquiries concerning the subject matter of this CIN you should contact Specialist Service Centre – Exports, Carlisle.
Issued by: POLICY LIAISON TEAM CARLISLE
Tel: (01228) 403600